This plugin allows you to centralize and distribute the emergency data coming from monitoring systems such as the Weather, I / O cards via Viking and ASCOM Safe or TEXT Safe type controls. Centralized data can be used by all Voyager installations present as an instance or as an element in the Observatory's LAN network.
This plugin is useful for managing single buildings used as observatories or telescope farms where there are several Piers, each managed by its Voyager installation. There will be a Voyager master who will only deal with the centralized reading, interpretation and distribution of Emergency data that with a dedicated 24h / 24h DragScript running (included in plugin purchase) every day will take care of the opening / closing of the roof, the suspension and resume and the exit for emergency distributed to all Voyager connected.
The connections between the Voyager distributor and the clients are self-restoring and with a fail-over system
Like all Voyager's Plugin you must purchase it separtely and import in Voyager the new license file. Import of the new license file will unlock the features requested from plugin, a restart of Voyager application is necessary to enable plugin after license import.
This Plugin Installation
- Install plugin (importing the new license file) on the MASTER Voyager will manage the Distributed Emergency Status
- Install plugin on all the Voyager Clients will be use the Distributed Emergency Status.
- To check if you have the Plugin installed look at Splash windows at Voyager start, you should found it on the list of plugin
- Assure you have the MASTER Voyager and CLIENT Voyager on LAN in the same Network
- Allow in Router policy and firewall rules to reach the port 5950 (or the port for Voyager Application server used) on The MASTER Voyager
- Be sure to have Application Server Active on the MASTER Voyager
- Configure MASTER Voyager to get data from Weather system, Viking I/O system and ASCOM Safe system (one or all or at your needed). Refer to the base setup configuration of Voyager for this task
- Configure MASTER Voyager to allow Distributed Emergency Status using the Application Server and Restart Voyager (Setup -> Tab Remote)
- Configure the CLIENTS to connect as CLIENT to the MASTER Voyager and manage and use the Distribute Emergency Status and Restart Voyager (Setup -> Tab Remote)
- Manage: check this flag to enable CLIENT management, connection to MASTER Voyager and reading of Distributed Emergency Status
- Voyager AS Hostname/IP: 127.0.0.1 or localhost if the MASTER Voyager is on the same PC or the IP address or DNS name of the PC where is the MASTER Voyager
- Port: 5950 is the default, this is the port the MASTER Voyager Application Server, you can refer to the MASTER Voyager configuration in setup under Voyager tab.
- Report EXIT Status if not receive remote data for [s]: if the CLIENT doesn't receive any status from the MASTER Voyager an Emergency Exit status will be generate, default is 60s
- Test CLIENTS connection using the ToolTip way, ,be sure to see the info Status of each CLIENT Voyager in "Remote Dist Connected"
- LED: red = disconnect status or EXIT status ; yellow SUSPEND ; green SAFE ; black : Not configured
- EMERGENCY Status: distributed emergency status
- LAST READ Status: last distributed emergency status received from MASTER Voyager
- DATE TIME Last Read: Datetime of last Read received
- READING Status: status of reading service
- INFO Status: inf about connection and eventually warning and error
Personalize and Start the MASTER Voyager dedicated DragScript
MASTER Voyager must use a special DragScript to distribute the Emergency Status correctlly.
You will found it in the DragScript Editor Preloaded Script under "Distributed Emergency MASTER" :
Please open it and personalize the parts dedicated to open and close the Roof that is task different for each users.
Porpouses of DragScript are:
- report EXIT (Unsafe) if timing is not in the night (you can define constraints and offset)
- report SAFE if timing is on the Night and Emergency status (weather - I/O cards - safe monitor) is SAFE
- report EXIT / SUSPEND / RESUME if timing is on the Night and Emergency status (weather - I/O cards - safe monitor) is NOT SAFE
- managing the supend/resume/exit events locally to open/close the roof for all (waiting the right positon of mounts if needed)
- run forever restarting DragScript Itself
DragScript is perpetual if not exit for UNRECOVERABLE ERROR, so adjust only the night constraints and leave it running.
CLIENT Voyager DragScript Consideration
Use a DragScript in the CLIENT Voyager that manage the Events, in the Events not manage the roof but just the mount (parking) if needed.
We suggest to use WAIT SAFE block to read the distributed status and starting with operations.
We inform you that using the Distributed Emergency Status potentially you cannot necessary reading the night info and running until you have SAFE the imaging.